Conversion of Amine to Ketone
This is an important but less studied transformation of functional group in organic synthesis. This kind of reaction can go via imine formation which in turn is hydrolyzed to give ketone.
Imine formation itself could be a two step process starting from N-halogenation followed by dehydrohalogenation using strong base.
Imine can be hydrolyzed using strong acids such as Sulfuric Acid at pH 2 to give corresponding Ketone from cyclic primary amines.
Incoming search terms:
- conversion of amine to ketone
- amine to ketone
- conversion of amines to ketones
- amine reactions to ketone
- the acidity strength of cyclic amine and ketone
- DMSO acidic hydrolysis
- conversion of ketone to amine
- how to change an aminoketone into an amine
- HOW TO TURN KETONE INTO AMIME
- ketone to aldehyde conversion