This is an important but less studied transformation of functional group in organic synthesis. This kind of reaction can go via imine formation which in turn is hydrolyzed to give ketone.
Imine formation itself could be a two step process starting from N-halogenation followed by dehydrohalogenation using strong base.
Imine can be hydrolyzed using strong acids such as Sulfuric Acid at pH 2 to give corresponding Ketone from cyclic primary amines.
Incoming search terms:
- conversion of amine to ketone
- amine to ketone
- conversion of amines to ketones
- amine to ketone conversion
- show the reaction mechanism of conversion of alcohol in to amines
- turning an imine into a ketone
- how to convert amine to ketone
- oxime chlorination mechanism
- oxime to amine conversion
- conversion of amine to keytone